- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
Keeping Children Safe in Education
Safeguarding and Child Protection
At Hedgewood school, we put the best interests of the child at the heart of a child centered and coordinated approach to safeguarding.
Our commitment to safeguarding and the protection of children is demonstrated by:
- ensuring that there is a strong safeguarding culture within Hedgewood School
- ensuring that all necessary internal and inter-agency child protection procedures are in place as required
- being committed to identifying children and families who would benefit from Early Help
- giving all our staff training and regular updates to ensure best practice
- understanding our school’s responsibilities in the event of a concern about the conduct of a member of staff.
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found on our School Policies & Protocols page
|Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)||Ayo Akinnola (Family Services Manager)|
|Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads||
Diane Owens (Deputy Headteacher)
Jo Major (Senior Family Service Worker)
|Senior Staff in DSL Team||
Pearl Greenwald (Acting Deputy Headteacher)
Bryony Smith (Acting Deputy Headteacher)
Victoria Leahy (Assistant Headteacher)
|Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)||Hannah Ives
Tel No. 01895 250010 / 07753 431285
|Link Governor for Safeguarding||Lesley Taylor|
Hillingdon Stronger Families Hub
We work in partnership with Hillingdon Stronger Families to support families with the help that they need, when they need it most, and to protect children from abuse and neglect.
The Stronger Families Hub is also available to help and support families with information, advice and support any time of the day or night. If you’re a parent/carer in Hillingdon, they can provide you and your family with help in the following areas:
- concerns about your child’s general behaviour
- support and advice with parenting
- difficulties at home, such as daily routines
- domestic abuse
- worries about your child’s school attendance or achievement in education
- bullying or online abuse
- teenage concerns, such as going missing, taking drugs, or associations with gangs
- support if your child has (or you feel they may have) additional needs
You can also contact the Stronger Families Hub if you’re worried about another child who may be at risk.
Get in touch by emailing email@example.com or call 01895 556006.
We are part of a joint agency project with Hillingdon Council and the Metropolitan Police called Operation Encompass, to support our pupils and their families who have experienced a domestic incident.
Operation Encompass will ensure that our Designated Safeguarding Lead is informed of the incident, so that we can offer discrete support for you and your child. We aim to provide a secure and caring environment to help reduce the broader effects of domestic abuse.
Our Operation Encompass Lead, Ayo Akinnola, can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0208 845 6756